November 19, 2020

 

Charley Pride honoured at CMA Awards

The legendary Charley Pride was honoured with the Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award at the CMA Awards on Nov. 11, also taking the stage to perform his hit song "Kiss an Angel Good Mornin'." 
Pride said
that he appreciates receiving the Lifetime Achievement Awards "so greatly." "I get asked a lot of times what award I like the best," he reflected. "I mean, I've got so many, it's like asking me what song do I like the best when I'm singing. And this is the truth. What song do I love the most is the one I'm singing at the moment? So that's it. I'm going to put this with all the other awards and everything and be happy about having them. And I hope I can get some more, if that's possible, but I didn't come into this business to try to win awards, but I'll sure take them."
Pride was named CMA Entertainer of the Year in 1971 and Male Vocalist of the Year in 1971 and 1972 among numerous other accolades, including inductions into the Grand Ole Opry and Country Music Hall of Fame.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]