May 10, 2020

 

Johnny Reid's future takes him home.


The world premiere of My Bonnie Lass, a musical written by Scots born , Canadian Platinum selling recording artist Johnny Reid, will take place in the spring of 2021. Two performances of My Bonnie Lass are scheduled to take place at the Glace Bay, NS theatre on May 9 (Canadian Mother’s Day) of next year.
Co-written with Toronto playwright Matt Murray, and based on the true story of Reid’s grandmother Maggie, My Bonnie Lass chronicles the life of a working class mother of three, in postwar Lanarkshire, Scotland. When tragedy strikes and Maggie’s world is turned upside down, she must rely on her strength, her sense of humour, and above all, her loyal group of friends to pull her through.
Watch a promo video for My Bonnie Lass! here
Whenever I visit Cape Breton I’m reminded of where I grew up in Scotland,” says Reid. “The rolling hills that lead you to the ocean, all the good hearted, hard-working people who take time to simply say “Good Morning”, its Celtic culture and the fact that coal mining once fueled its economy. For all these reasons Cape Breton is the perfect place to debut My Bonnie Lass and introduce my Gran’s story to the east coast. I want to continue to give back to the people that have always supported me and welcomed me with open arms. “
My Bonnie Lass is a love letter to Reid’s Grandmother and all the women of her generation. It is a celebration of the human spirit, the power of a mother’s love, and the way these women always made the most out of life even when they seemed to have nothing.
Over an illustrious career spanning more than two decades, JUNO Award winning singer-songwriter, Johnny Reid has captured the hearts of fans and audiences around the world. The critically acclaimed singer is widely known for his lyrical honesty and musical ability, as demonstrated by an extensive catalogue of hit songs, album sales totalling over 1.5 million units in Canada, countless awards and multiple sold out national arena tours.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]